"He who wants milk should not sit in the middle of a field and wait for a cow to back up to him."
"I'll start tomorrow"....story of my life. I am a big procrastinator. I think it all has to do with one word.....Laziness. I think we all have it to some extent. Some of us more so than others. I would fall into the "more so than others" category. I think the sin of laziness is one of the biggest problems in my life. I am not lazy when it comes to taking care of my family or working, but there are some areas of my life that I am lazy in. I feel like a lot of the problems I deal with would be eliminated if the laziness was elminated. For example, these are the things I struggle with the most:
- Reading my Bible like I should
- Praying like I should
- Getting up early enough in the morning
- Washing clothes..lol
- Sticking to a workout program
- Sticking to a diet
It just seems that a lot of the things I struggle with can all be contributed to laziness. It seems to be a growing theme. That is not what I want for my life. I know that being lazy is a sin, therefore I know God doesn't want me to be lazy. But I don't know how to not be lazy. It's like I can't stay motivated. I know that only God can help me to not be lazy. So that is my prayer today that God will help me overcome my laziness...which should help me in almost every area of my life. If you will, say a special prayer for me. Thanks!

Praying for you of course, girl! The first step to changing something is admitting you have it wrong! It took a long time for me to do that, and I don't have it all together by any means but I'm getting there. There are still things in my life I'm really lazy about doing but I'm working on ones I never thought I'd be able to do like working out and sticking with a diet - doing that has encouraged me to think I can do it in other ares of my life too! I'm excited about bettering myself everyday!
ReplyDeleteI am the same way, about certain things like you said...I hate folding clothes, lol- dont mind washing them, but the folding...thats another story! I have good intentions, lol!!! :)
ReplyDelete