March 8, 2010

My Totally Random Thoughts...


There are a lot of things in life that I don't fully understand. Here are some random things that peak my curiousity. Just thought I would share with you some of the things that I can't figure out..LOL!

Who came up with silent letters...
If you don't pronounce them...then why have them ???

Why do we say...
Happy Birthday
Happy Anniversary
Happy New Year's
Happy Valentine's Day
Happy St. Patrick's Day
Happy Easter
Happy 4th of July
Happy Halloween
Happy Thanksgiving
and...
Merry Christmas ???

Why is it...
Could not - couldn't
Should not - shouldn't
Would not - wouldn't
Is not - isn't
Can not - can't
Do not - don't
Was not - wasn't
and...
Will not - won't  Why isn't it willn't ??? Sure it sounds stupid now...but not if it had always been willn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment